Hoist Installer/Engineer (trainee position)
Due to Direct Hoist’s continued growth and success, we require a trainee Hoist Installer/Engineer
You will be based at our Kirton in Lindsey Depot, DN21 4JR near Scunthorpe.
You will be joining one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing hoist hire companies.
Direct Hoist is forward thinking and specialist hoist hire company and as a company, we can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Your primary job role and responsibilities, as part of our hoist installation team, will be installing, dismantling and maintaining our hire fleet of rack and pinion (Geda manufactured) construction hoists.
This is an ideal excellent opportunity to train to become a specialist, skilled and certified Hoist Installer/Engineer and to join a company on a long-term basis that values their employees.
The successful candidate will ideally require the following skills/experience, but these are not essential as full training will be given to the right candidate
- Have a background of working on construction sites
- Ideally hold a CSCS card (Labourers)
- Have a head for working at height – up to 100m
- Harness experience/fall arrest
- Clear communication & reporting skills
- Used to working unsociable hours as the business requires
- Must be flexible to work away from home as the business requires, usually within a 250 Mile radius
- Experience of working as part of a team/under supervision
- Must be prepared to work in external conditions at height throughout the year
In addition to the above it would be advantageous to have but not essential
- Own basic mechanics tool kit but not essential at this stage
- Ideally be mechanically minded and know how to use spanners
- Basic electrical wiring skills/fault finding
Other skills/qualifications that are required but again not essential as full training will be given
- CPCS Slinger/Signaller qualification
- CCNSG Passport to safety qualification
- Hoist manufacturers product training
- Rescue/Harness/Working at height training
- B+E car/van trailer category to tow trailers above 750Kg
- Please, NO callers in person
- NO phone calls
- The interview process will be in the form of two interviews
UK driving licence required
The successful candidate will need the following for you to drive company vans and for Direct Hoist to meet its vehicle insurance requirements:
- Full Driving Licence with a maximum of 3 penalty points
- No at fault accidents within the last 5 years
- Own transport to get to and from our Depot at Kirton in Lindsey
Benefits we can offer in return are
- A 39-hour basic working week.
- Monthly pay, on the 28th of the Month via BACS straight into your bank account.
- Over time accumulated weekly.
- A competitive rate of pay for the right candidate.
- Paid travel time to and from base to site.
- Overnight stays/substance costs meet by the company.
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme.
28 days paid holiday per year including bank holidays.
- We also offer a full personal development programme to enable you to progress further.
- Full PPE provided.
- Company Uniform.
- All specialist tools required.
In the first instance, please submit your covering letter and CV, stating relevant qualifications and experience to:
Haulage Yard, Cleatham Road Business Park, Cleatham Road, Kirton-In-Lindsey, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire DN21 4JR