Hoist Installer/Engineer (experienced)
Due to Direct Hoist’s continued growth and success, we require an experienced Hoist Installer/Engineer
You will be based at our Kirton in Lindsey Depot, DN21 4JR near Scunthorpe.
You will be joining one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing hoist hire companies.
Direct Hoist is forward thinking and specialist hoist hire company and as a company, we can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Your primary job role and responsibilities, as part of our external operations team, will be installing, dismantling and maintaining our hire fleet of rack and pinion (Geda manufactured) construction hoists.
The successful candidate will require the following skills and experience
Have a demonstrated background in the construction hoist industry.
Hold a current/valid CSCS card (blue skilled worker)/ NVQ 2 in Hoist Installation (minimum Level 2).
Proven working at height experience.
Proven harness experience/ training.
Clear communication & reporting skills.
Role requires unsociable hours as the business requires
Must be flexible to work away from home as the business requires, usually within a 250 Mile radius.
Be able to work as part of a team as well as on your initiative when required to do so.
Must be prepared to work in external conditions at height throughout the year.
Other Items/Skills that would be advantageous
Own basic mechanics tool kit but not essential at this stage
- Be mechanically minded
- Basic electrical wiring skills/fault finding
Other skills/qualifications that are required but again not essential as full training will be given
CPCS Slinger/Signaller qualification.
CCNSG Passport to safety qualification.
Hoist manufacturers product training.
Rescue/Harness/Working at height trainin
Hold a current and valid First Aid at work Certificate
B+E car/van trailer category to tow trailers above 750Kg.
- Please, NO callers in person
- NO phone calls
- The interview process will be in the form of two interviews
UK driving licence required
The successful candidate will need the following for you to drive company vans and for Direct Hoist to meet its vehicle insurance requirements:
- Full Driving Licence with a maximum of 3 penalty points
- No at fault accidents within the last 5 years
- Own transport to get to and from our Depot at Kirton in Lindsey
Benefits we can offer in return are
- A 39-hour basic working week.
- Monthly pay, on the 28th of the Month via BACS straight into your bank account.
- Over time accumulated weekly.
- A competitive rate of pay for the right candidate.
- Paid travel time to and from base to site.
- Overnight stays/substance costs meet by the company.
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme.
28 days paid holiday per year including bank holidays.
- We also offer a full personal development programme to enable you to progress further.
- Full PPE provided.
- Company uniform.
- All specialist tools required.
In the first instance, please submit your covering letter and CV, stating relevant qualifications and experience to:
Mr Joseph Wilkinson, Operations Manager – Direct Hoist
Green Workshop, Cleatham Road Business Park, Cleatham Road, Kirton-In-Lindsey, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire DN21 4JR